Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Jasel
Helper II
Helper II

Mobile Reports for Power BI Report Server

We've successfully setup a Dev Power BI Report Server in which I was able to publish a dashboard using Power BI Desktop for Report Server with a SSAS tabular datasource.

I am now trying to figure out how to use my Android Power BI mobile app to connect to this dashboard via the on-prem Power BI Report Server.  Specifically using THIS "how to" MS page.

I try to connect using my phone but it can never find the PBIRS.  I assume you have to be connected to the same network/intranet as your on prem server but is there anything else?  As a test I tried connecting using the SQL Server Mobile Report Publisher which worked when I removed the "use secured connection" option.

Any tips or tricks regarding accessing a pushlished Power BI report on prem via the Power BI andoid app?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jasel,

You can install the Power BI mobile app in android phone, then connect to Power BI report server follow below links: 

Get started with the Power BI for Android mobile app

View on-premises reports and KPIs in the Power BI mobile apps

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Jasel
Helper II
Helper II

Just to update this post.  There was some internal network settings my company had in place that prevented me from connected.  They won't tell me what it was for secuity purposes but I was finally able to connect.

Thank you all for your responses.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jasel,

You can install the Power BI mobile app in android phone, then connect to Power BI report server follow below links: 

Get started with the Power BI for Android mobile app

View on-premises reports and KPIs in the Power BI mobile apps

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Don't you have to register your Power BI report server with Power BI cloud service (RS Configuration) so that Power BI RS can show up in Power BI Mobile app?

No you don't have to, you can just select the 'Connect to server' option in settings and put in your Report Server URL.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.