Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Nushka

Merging 2 reports into 1

Hi all 

Can someone please tell me if BI allows for merging of 2 reports with the same data source files? My colleague and I worked on seperate halves of the report and now would like to merge them to make a final report. 

Thanks!

Anushka

3 REPLIES 3
josef78
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

depends, if power bi reports have identical sources and models, it is easy, you can copy and paste all visuals... 

If there reports have same sources but different model, is possible duplicate model, side-by-side in same report, but it is bad way (you will get double processing and double size). In this case is better merge models to single (you can use comparation tools like ALM toolkit) and after merge visualizations.

Shahfaisal
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

It is not easy to "merge" reports in Reporting Services but take a look at subreports here - https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/reporting-services/report-design/add-a-subreport-and-parameter...

Subreports may or may not work for you depending on how you are intending to display the data.

Hi,

This wouldn't be useful for my current project but it's a good thing to keep in mind for later! 

Thank you 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.