Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

M/S Exchange- on prem POWER BI REPORTING SERVER

I am able to connect exchange using user id pwd and get data for the mailbox.

we need to use report server to get dashboard of some mailboxes statistic information. but always get error "the evaluation requires a permission that has not been provided. Data source kind: Exchange . Data source path: abc@mailbox.com. Permission kind:'redirect'' is there any configuration required to connect report server to on-prem Exchange servers? any service account or permission required for this connection?

4 REPLIES 4
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

Sorry, but Exchange is listed here as not supporting scheduled refresh Power BI report data sources in Power BI Report Server - Power BI | Microsoft Learn One work around would be to use a script or SSIS package to pull the data you want from Exchange and put it somewhere that Report Server can access like a SQL database

AntoninVokal

I am struggling with the same problem. Did anyone find a solution?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello ...Thank you so much ..

I am stuck at following error at POWER BI Reporting Server:

DivyaDusseja_0-1618466927812.png

I am able to connect at desktop to exhcnage and reports have been developed too at desktop

DivyaDusseja_2-1618467153988.png

Its when m deploying at reporting server its throwing error.

V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

Please refer to the following links, make sure you are connecting to Microsoft Exchange, not the online version.

Power BI: Get Data from Exchange

Solved: Connecting to Exchange Server from PBI Desktop - Microsoft Power BI Community

V-pazhen-msft_0-1618299486136.pngV-pazhen-msft_1-1618299532467.png

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.