Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Betty888
Helper II
Helper II

How to hide power query code after publishing

Dear all,
I have to publish a Power BI report in a workspace shared by my team members , so we all have "Administrator" profiles while the end users have "Member" profile. My objective is to share the dashboards and Data tables (DAX part of the report), but I want to make sure that the query part "Power query" is not visible by any of the users whatever the profile, is this possible?
Many thanks in advanace for your help 🙏

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

@Betty888 wrote:

I want to make sure that the query part "Power query" is not visible by any of the users whatever the profile, is this possible?

No this is not possible to do for any profile/role. If this is important to you then you should make your end users Viewers, not Members. Then the will not have access to the Power Query code. If you want you can also add build rights to the datasets so that those users can create their own reports from those datasets. As a best practice you should give users the minimum rights they need to get their jobs done.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

@Betty888 wrote:

I want to make sure that the query part "Power query" is not visible by any of the users whatever the profile, is this possible?

No this is not possible to do for any profile/role. If this is important to you then you should make your end users Viewers, not Members. Then the will not have access to the Power Query code. If you want you can also add build rights to the datasets so that those users can create their own reports from those datasets. As a best practice you should give users the minimum rights they need to get their jobs done.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors