Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

quickstep
Regular Visitor

How to change report server (Sept 2021 release) folder Icon color

After playing around with the branding package, I don't see an option to change the report server (Sept 2021 release) folder icon color.  I think the next step might be some developer tools logging to understand the object properties.

Example, change the blue color below:

quickstep_0-1635886142012.png

I'm curious if anyone else has manipulated folder, report, data source icons?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @quickstep ,

The icon display of the folder is the same icon set by the default layout. It is not possible to customize the changes for now.

If there is a strong demand for this, you can post your idea here. If a large number of people vote, Microsoft officials will consider this feature in the next update.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Michael_Mertens
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi, 

the possibility to change the icons was just added, sse the post about the January version:

Power BI Report Server January 2022 has been Relea... - Microsoft Power BI Community

(I didn't find information regarding these changes in the standard blog post regarding the new version).

Regards

Michael

penaltyboxagain
Regular Visitor

We also have customized the colorization of the portal and the BLUE folders are glaringly ugly with our color scheme.

Everyone knows that the Report Server version of Power BI is the "red headed step-child" but please Microsoft - throw us a bone here...

v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @quickstep ,

The icon display of the folder is the same icon set by the default layout. It is not possible to customize the changes for now.

If there is a strong demand for this, you can post your idea here. If a large number of people vote, Microsoft officials will consider this feature in the next update.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I have submitted the idea here, please vote if this would benefit you: Microsoft Idea  · Allow color change to Report Server icons (powerbi.com)

Hi @quickstep ,

Thank you for your feedback, I have followed up. I hope this idea will be officially adopted by Microsoft soon.😊

Best Regards,
Henry

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.