Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

EudesBarbosa

How can I obtain the Power BI IP range to authorize in Azure SQL in the Brazil South region?

Hello,

I'm new to Power BI and I'm facing an issue when trying to allow access by IP address to Azure SQL. I created a firewall rule to permit access from a specific IP, as indicated in the error message I received. However, I've noticed that Power BI IPs change periodically, which requires me to constantly update the list of authorized IPs.

My question is: how can I obtain the IP range used by Power BI in the Brazil South region, in order to ensure more stable and secure access to Azure SQL? I would like to ensure that my environment continues to function smoothly, even with variations in Power BI IPs.

I appreciate any guidance or information on how to address this issue.

EudesBarbosa_0-1694625110385.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

One option is to turn on the Allow Azure services rule in the firewall. Otherwise I think you need to reguarly review and update the IP ranges we publish and update them from this page Power Platform URLs and IP address ranges - Power Platform | Microsoft Learn

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

One option is to turn on the Allow Azure services rule in the firewall. Otherwise I think you need to reguarly review and update the IP ranges we publish and update them from this page Power Platform URLs and IP address ranges - Power Platform | Microsoft Learn

Thank you very much

bradsy
Employee
Employee

This post might help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.