Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

VadimGlukhov

Hidden page to be seen by few Users

Hi! I would appreciate if someone could advise a solution for my question.

There is a published dashboard in Company's premium workspace consisting of several pages. 1 page is hidden. All people in a company can veiw those pages except the hidden one and that is good. But I need to allow few Users to be able to see also the hidden page in the same published dashboard. In summary, all  Company's Users should see the report except the hidden page. And few Users should see the report plus hidden page.

Any thoughts how to do that? I would appreciate your help!

6 REPLIES 6
sldj

I set up a dashboard with tiles of the hidden pages.  The users I wanted to access the pages had access through the dashboard.  Users can interact with the page (slicers, etc.) on the tile, or click the header to be brought to the page within the BI report.  Because the pages can only be accessed via the dashboard, if the user navigates from the hidden page to another page in the report, they will need to go through the dashboard to reach the hidden page again.   

This being said, if a user can find a way to access hidden pages, any user who has security access to the report would be able to find them.  

... or they bookmark the page while they are on it. Or they use the browser history...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Add a button on a visible page, add an action to the button

Use a measure to determine if page should be visibele, something like this

Page Direct = IF(LOOKUPVALUE(RLS[SuperUser?],RLS[Email],[UserPrincipleName])=1,"*Page Name to redirect to *","*CurrentPage Name*")

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @VadimGlukhov ,

As stated above,Page level security is not possible.

It seems to me that you can do this by publishing two reports, one with all the pages you need to show and the other with the pages you need to hide removed. Then save both reports to the same name folder in Report Server and give different permissions to both reports to achieve what you want.

Refer:

Grant user access to a report server 

Hide reports or pages to users

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Best Regards

Lucien

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

There are many options you can pursue

- RLS based page navigation 

- OLS instead of hidden pages

- give the "few" people the direct URL link to the hidden page

- Separate reports for separate audiences.

and many more.  Some of the options are purely cosmetic, others are actually safe.

andreassundstro
Frequent Visitor

Page level security is not possible but there is a workaround. It involves creating a table for the name of the page and allowing navigation only via a select list. See this link for more information: https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=2dd57d8f-9e1e-4eb0-8dd1-05a566e522cf

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.