Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

giwi
Frequent Visitor

Events 137 and 108 in application log when click on subscription

Hello,

when i click on the subscription Link in any report, or Setting>Subscription, the server logs 12 error log entries in application log with no specific information inside. Four with eventid 137 and eight with 108. I checked the log files (RSPortal* and RSPowerBI*) but there´s only INFO lines at the point of error log events. Each subscription works fine after configuration.

I use PowerBI RS Version : 1.6.7364.4075 - Jan 2020

Does anyone have an idea where I could get more detailed information about this problem here?

Thank for helping

Wilfried

4 REPLIES 4
edv4ld0

It's likely that some extension needs to be installed, but to be sure of the problem, open the file: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Power BI Report Server\PBIRS\LogFiles\ReportingServicesService??????.log", sort it in descending order of modification to open the last file of "ReportingServicesService". Look for any errors in the file, for example "ERROR: Exception caught instantiating". In my case, I haven't installed the TERADATA, SQLPDW, and ORACLE extensions. If you don't intend to use these extensions, edit the configuration file at: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Power BI Report Server\PBIRS\ReportServer\rsreportserver.config", go to the DATA section, comment out the extensions you won't use. Change from:

<Extension Name="TERADATA" Type="Microsoft.ReportingServices.DataExtensions.TeradataConnectionWrapper,Microsoft.ReportingServices.DataExtensions"/>

to:

<!--Extension Name="TERADATA" Type="Microsoft.ReportingServices.DataExtensions.TeradataConnectionWrapper,Microsoft.ReportingServices.DataExtensions"/-->

Repeat the process for the other extensions.
Stop the ReportServer service and start it again.

dpFr33
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi,

Same issue with latest Power BI report Server version (september 2023).
Seem to be an internal Microsoft error when user try to edit subscription.
I found this but I don't have apply the config file change:
https://businesswintelligence.com/content/86/reporting-services-event-viewer-137

Can we have an official Microsoft answer?

Regards,
Denis

nyang

Hi @giwi ,

I am receiving the same error. Any solution to the issue?

Thanks for helping.

Hi @giwi, @nyang

I have the same issue. Have you both fixed the issue?

Thank you for helping

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.