Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Error when trying to get measures into the report

Hi,

I am trying to get the Paginatd report by putting the measure into it.

i.e. I have report working when I am trying to only use columns.

This is the dax I am using 

// DAX Query

Evaluate
SUMMARIZECOLUMNS(
'Sales'[Sales Exec],
'Sales'[Business Manager],
'Sites'[SiteName],
'Sales'[# No Of Sales], -- This is a measure and this is when the error pops in
FILTER(VALUES('Sites'[SiteName]),OR(@Site="All",PATHCONTAINS(@Site,'Sites'[SiteName]))),
FILTER(VALUES('Dates'[Year]),OR(@Year="All",PATHCONTAINS(@Year,'Dates'[Year]))),
FILTER(VALUES('Dates'[MonthNameLong]),OR(@Month="All",PATHCONTAINS(@Month,'Dates'[MonthNameLong]))),
FILTER(VALUES('Sales'[Sales Exec]),OR(@SalesExec="All",PATHCONTAINS(@SalesExec,'Sales'[Sales Exec])))

)

Prime257_0-1601891816481.png

Any help is much appreciated, Thanks in Advance.

3 REPLIES 3
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

This is probably because your syntax is invalid, measures need to be added as expressions after your filters and you need to specify a name for the expression.

eg.

Evaluate
SUMMARIZECOLUMNS(
'Sales'[Sales Exec],
'Sales'[Business Manager],
'Sites'[SiteName],
FILTER(VALUES('Sites'[SiteName]),OR(@Site="All",PATHCONTAINS(@Site,'Sites'[SiteName]))),
FILTER(VALUES('Dates'[Year]),OR(@Year="All",PATHCONTAINS(@Year,'Dates'[Year]))),
FILTER(VALUES('Dates'[MonthNameLong]),OR(@Month="All",PATHCONTAINS(@Month,'Dates'[MonthNameLong]))),
FILTER(VALUES('Sales'[Sales Exec]),OR(@SalesExec="All",PATHCONTAINS(@SalesExec,'Sales'[Sales Exec]))),

"# No Of Sales", 'Sales'[# No Of Sales], -- This is where measure should go

)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @d_gosbell ,

I tried to bring the measures at the end, but I am getting the following error.

Prime257_0-1601972917690.png

Yes, that is because your syntax is still invalid. You did not supply a name for the measure column. If you look at the example I provided previously you will see I added a string parameter with the name for the expression column.

,"# Of Sales" , [# Of Sales]

This is because in SUMMARIZECOLUMNS you can put any expression that returns a scalar value, not just a measure reference. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.