Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Error opening Power BI Reports on Power BI Report Server when enabling SSL

Hi,

I've been attempting to enable 2 of my power bi report servers to be externally accessed by following this https://greigmitchell.co.uk/2016/08/enable-ssl-on-sql-server-reporting-services-with-a-wildcard-cert... blog.

One of the two report servers is experiencing an issue once HTTPS is enabled and that is the Power BI Reports are unaccessible and it comes up with an "An Error Has Occured" when trying to view power bi reports but the normal SSRS reports work fine as expected.

The only issue in the console log i can see is that there is an "unauthorised" attempt when trying to pull back this "Manifest.json" file except that there is very little other details of what it could be.

Any ideas are much appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

One of the two report servers is experiencing an issue once HTTPS is enabled

What's your PBIRS version? What's the difference between the two servers?

In addition, please check if there are any detailed error meaage in the log "RSPortal" and "RSPowerBI" at C:\Program Files\Microsoft Power BI Report Server\PBIRS\LogFiles

For your information security, please don't paste the log here directly.

Best Regards,

Icey

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.