Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

LesnyLud
Regular Visitor

Embeeded report visibility

Hello,

I have one question becasue would like to be sure that I understand correctly.

If I use an option Embed the report -> publish on the Internet I will get a warning window which inform that the report can be shown also in other pages. My question is: does the Microsoft has an access to this report, can display it somewhere or it is possible from them only if I will share the embeeding code? Is it public by the definiton or I do have to share a code?
I'd like to create an code and put it only in our company's Intranet  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

Are you talking about the two options below?

d_gosbell_0-1678317693050.png

If you are embedding the report on an intranet then you should use option 1 and only people who already have access to the report in your company will be able to see it.

If you use option 2 anyone on the internet who has access to the link will be able to view the data - this option should not be used if the report has any data which should not be shared outside of the company.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
sriram05
Frequent Visitor

I also got this error while publishing my rerport to the portal, I have configured gateway, still got this error can anyone help me to sort out this one

Underlying Error: PowerBI service client received error HTTP response. HttpStatus: 503. PowerBIErrorCode: OpenConnectionError
OpenConnectionError: Failed to open the MSOLAP connection.
Correlation ID: f9821687-40ab-ab24-399c-62fbce56ad02
Activity ID: 91518f89-2691-4a61-9e1f-dc00706a241f
Request ID: a8c1cad0-6936-40a5-9422-e7d2fb65a7fc
Time: Thu Oct 19 2023 17:02:28 GMT+0530 (India Standard Time)
Service version: 13.0.21778.91
Client version: 2310.2.16218-train
Cluster URI: https://WABI-US-EAST-A-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 91518f89-2691-4a61-9e1f-dc00706a241f
Request ID: a8c1cad0-6936-40a5-9422-e7d2fb65a7fc
Time: Thu Oct 19 2023 17:02:28 GMT+0530 (India Standard Time)
Service version: 13.0.21778.91
Client version: 2310.2.16218-train
Cluster URI: https://WABI-US-EAST-A-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net

LesnyLud
Regular Visitor

Thanks

LesnyLud
Regular Visitor

Thanks!

LesnyLud
Regular Visitor

Hello,

first of all thank you for the answer. 

My problem is that, if I'm not wrong, option 1 requires that users have powerBi pro version to see it. My idea was to use option 2 and put the lin on ShraePoint site where I can manage the access and deny viewers outside organisation to see the content. However I do not know if this solution is safe and protect from data leakage.

@LesnyLud wrote:

My problem is that, if I'm not wrong, option 1 requires that users have powerBi pro version to see it.

That is correct. But viewing any sort of Power BI content requires a license of some sort, either a Pro license for a user or a premium capacity.

@LesnyLud wrote:

My idea was to use option 2 and put the lin on ShraePoint site where I can manage the access and deny viewers outside organisation to see the content. However I do not know if this solution is safe and protect from data leakage.

No, that option is not safe, there is no way to deny access to viewers outside your organization. It is NOT safe if you are worried about data leakage. If anyone accidentally or maliciously shared the link - anyone in the world would be able to view the report.

d_gosbell
Super User
Super User

Are you talking about the two options below?

d_gosbell_0-1678317693050.png

If you are embedding the report on an intranet then you should use option 1 and only people who already have access to the report in your company will be able to see it.

If you use option 2 anyone on the internet who has access to the link will be able to view the data - this option should not be used if the report has any data which should not be shared outside of the company.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors