Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Powereports
Helper I
Helper I

Data to show by Latest date by default in Report server

Hi Users,

I am able to show the report by latest date using the relative filtering option but i have a problem when the data refreshes on the report server on a daily schedule.

Currently when the data refreshes on the report server using the schedule refresh the Date slicer fails to show the latest date by default. So now every time i have to refresh the report on desktop and upload the latest version to server.

So my question is there a way where the date is defaulted to current date every time report refreshes in the date slicer as below by default? And then the user can customize the time period they would need .

Also, i created a Istoday column to achieve this as below but it seems that when i use that column it doesnot give the between option to select date range and just gives the List and Dropdown option, so could not use this column.

Istoday = SWITCH( TRUE (), 'Calendar'[Date] =UTCTODAY(), "Today", FORMAT('Calendar'[Date],"MM/DD/YYYY"))

Date slicer.JPG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Powereports 

Relative filter is only based on today, you could use TOP n filter to always show the latest date on the slicer. 

V-pazhen-msft_0-1614228963838.png

You can upload your pbix to onedrive and share the link.

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Powereports 

Relative filter is only based on today, you could use TOP n filter to always show the latest date on the slicer. 

V-pazhen-msft_0-1614228963838.png

You can upload your pbix to onedrive and share the link.

If this post helps, please Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Powereports 

Your screenshot does not make sense to me, you should set the relative date filter on the visual with data not on the slicer. And to switch to other dates, you must remove the date filter then use slicer to set between range.

Regarding to Istoday, try:

Istoday = SWITCH( TRUE (), selectedvalue('Calendar'[Date]) =UTCTODAY(), "Today", FORMAT('Calendar'[Date],"MM/DD/YYYY"))

However, if you can share a sample pbix it would be more clear for me to provide better advices.

Hi ,

Thanks for response. Can you send me your email ID to attach the Pbix.file  as i am unable to attach it here so that it gives you a clear picture?

Curently as you can see in the screenshot below, the date is the current date , but my problem is when the report refreshes tomorrow it will include today's and tomorrow's date as well. But I want to show only tomorrow's date on the slicer and data only for the current day and not yesterday and today when the report would refresh tomorrow by default . And then if the user needs they can select the date range they want to look for.

Does it make it clear? So my actual problem is there a way that the date slicer is set to today's date and data in the visual is also set to today's date by default when report refreshes daily on the report server indicated by in the screenshot  (Last Updated on) ?

Survey relative date.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.