Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Marcin
Helper V
Helper V

Data source connection issue

Hi,

I have installed today Power BI report server and published two reports with SSAS on Azure as data source. I set my credential to data source on webportal manage report, connection test was successfull . 

The problem is when I try to use those reports from home where I have no connection to company network, 

1234.png

I am able to use in the same time PowerBI service, office365 portal  etc .  because I used proper authentication process, but only this report portal is not working as mentioned. 

7 REPLIES 7
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Marcin,

When you mention you get data from "SSAS on Azure", do you mean it's Azure analysis services or SSAS instance installed in Azure VM?

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

I use Azure analysis services , we don't have any on-prem  serwers at this moment in my organization or VMs. 

Hi @Marcin,

Was this Azure Analysis Service model created from the on-premise SQL database or Azure SQL database? If it's Azure SQL database, based on my test the report can display with correct database credential entered. If it's on-premise database, please try to set gateway and make gateway online: On-premises data gateway.

By the way, please try to run Power BI report server GA version 14.0.600.286.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

this Analysis Services Azure model is created from Database that is also Azure Cloud Database. Maybe the reason is that I don't have access to that Database from home, but I have access to Analysis Services with the same credentials. 

I am using current version Power BI server 

Capture.PNG

Hey Marcin, do you have access to the logs for your Report Server? If so can you look at the latest RSPowerBI*.log after you have reproed the exception and let me know if you see any errors in the logs. Also for the analysis services model that you are connecting to, do you know if it is using DirectQuery vs. Cached configuration? Thanks!

edugonz
Frequent Visitor

Hi Marcin,

a couple questions, are you using database credentials or windows credentials for your datasource? also what's the username format (this can be either domain\username or username@company.com)?

Thanks!

-Eduardo

Hi,

I am using database credentials and login username as username@company.com . 

Marcin 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors