Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data Source Connection Settings are Greyed Out in the Report Server

I have uploaded some PBIX files in the Report server with local host connection strings (SQL Server and Analysis Services). After the upload, when i enter the Manage option and try to edit the connection string, it is in grey out condition and cannot be edited. I need to edit it and give my production configurations.

Kindly help.

Thanks,

Sabari

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I took the Power BI desktop file in production region, changed the data source re-build the report. After builidng and deploying in report server, the connection string looks fine.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I took the Power BI desktop file in production region, changed the data source re-build the report. After builidng and deploying in report server, the connection string looks fine.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @amitchandak 

The link which you sent seems to have different issue. My issues happens when i upload the Power BI desktop files in the report server.

Hi, this is issue resolved? Do you know how to make Data sources option work in the report server ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Kudoed Authors