Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Yumare41
Frequent Visitor

DMTS_OAuthFailedToGetResourceIdError

Hello, Since Friday, March 24, first thing in the morning, I am presenting the following error for updating reports in Power BI:

Data Source Error:{"error":{"code":"DMTS_OAuthFailedToGetResourceIdError","pbi.error":{"code":"DMTS_OAuthFailedToGetResourceIdError","parameters":{},"details":[]," exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: XXXXX.
Cluster URI: WABI-PAAS-1-SCUS-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: c7d732e7-cfdf-4df1-ab52-81e67339d928
Request Identifier: 9dc39375-cecd-42db-bbba-42ae349fe833
Time: 2023-03-24 20:30:57Z

All the data comes from a database in SQL and no change has been made, I can update and publish from Power BI desktop but the changes are not reflected on the web, every time I try to update the error points to a table that is not the only base. I already tried entering the database credentials again and it still doesn't work. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Yumare41
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

We fixed this by entering the source credentials again,

Changing the PRIVACY LEVEL FOR THIS DATA SOURCE to private,

And deselecting Report viewers can only access this data source with their own Power BI identities using DirectQuery.

After that update normal

Yumare41_1-1679946007547.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Yumare41
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

We fixed this by entering the source credentials again,

Changing the PRIVACY LEVEL FOR THIS DATA SOURCE to private,

And deselecting Report viewers can only access this data source with their own Power BI identities using DirectQuery.

After that update normal

Yumare41_1-1679946007547.png

dbeavon3
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

I had a recent support case about DMTS_OAuthFailedToGetResourceIdError.   I recommend that anyone encountering this should open a support case.  There shouldn't be any "legitimate" reason for encountering the error, and it is almost certainly a Microsoft bug.

In many cases, it may be due to enabling SSO features on your underlying data source.  The best way of avoiding problems is to AVOID enabling any fancy/fragile features.

In my case the outage lasted a whole week before the PG team was able to recover from this problem.  There is a lot at stake, especially if your Power BI reports are mission-critical.

Below is an explanation from CSS. I'm not 100% certain how to understand this explanation of the bug, other than to point out that oauth refresh tokens weren't properly renewed.  Power BI was only partially to blame, since a day-long outage of Azure SQL (in East US) probably exposed an underlying PBI bug that had previously remained hidden .

"we have checked internally for the Root cause of the issue and found that there was a bug where an s2s token is not being passed when creating a VNet gateway client for discovering the Oauth Resources and also the Refresh token was not getting renewed due to which this issue has occurred.

This prevents customers from refreshing their reports that point to a VNet gateway."

Boa tarde.
Resolveu meu problema com as atualizações.

o365lp2

I have the same problem!
Today all my dashboards show the same error, is it a general problem?

o365lp2_0-1679933148688.png

ReubenS
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi ,

Just wanted to check is the database your connecting to Autotask?

Kind regards,

Reuben

Hello, no this base is not connected to Autotask.

Greetings!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.