Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Current weekly averages as compared to years past weekly averages

Hello,

I am working with a large, police-data set looking at searches.  The data set spans over 5 years, and there are duplicate items (example: if two subjects were apart of one search, they will have the same item number).  I am able to create a measure that counts those individual items, but what I am trying to do is create a line and stacked column chart with the column showing the week-to-date total of searches, and the line showing the average from the weeks from the previous years (example: it is week 6 of 2019, so the column may show 40 searches that have happened thus far, and the line will show the running average of week 6 according to the data from 2014-2018).  I cannot use the individual count measure that I made in this DAX expression.

AvgPerWeek = CALCULATE(AVERAGE('Stop and Search'[Week Mon-Sun]),FILTER(ALL('Stop and Search'), 'Stop and Search'[item number this is where I would have liked to use the measure for individual count] =MAX('Stop and Search'[item number this is where I would have liked to use the measure for individual count])))

Any help you could give would be awesome.  

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.