Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ysapiyev
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Can't connect live to SSAS in Power bi desktop March release

Hi everyone,

I've got error while connecting live to SSAS in power bi. Error shows that my credentials are don't have permission to access them. However, when I use import instead of live connection, I see database and can import data. What is the issue for such behavior?

Regards,

Yerkhan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

OK - I have experienced issues connecting to SSAS in the Data Source section of the Report Server portal...

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Report-Server/Test-Connection-Broken/m-p/410681#M5492

...however, not within PBI Desktop itself.

Is it worth double checking the security settings on your SSAS instance? Hope you manage to get the problem fixed.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jcollinson2001
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hi,

Is this error occurring in PBI Desktop or on PBI Report Server?

Were you able to connect in previous versions of PBI? - Did this only start happening in PBI March release?

@jcollinson2001,

It occured in PBI Desktop report server.

Actually, it worked month ago in March version, but right now it doesn't.

Regards,

Yerkhan

OK - I have experienced issues connecting to SSAS in the Data Source section of the Report Server portal...

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Report-Server/Test-Connection-Broken/m-p/410681#M5492

...however, not within PBI Desktop itself.

Is it worth double checking the security settings on your SSAS instance? Hope you manage to get the problem fixed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.