Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

FreddyKool
Frequent Visitor

Can no longer delete folder or report within as Admin

Hi All,

Im not sure what has happened but for some reason I can no longer Admin manage a folder and a report within. I cannot even delete it.  All I can do is open the report. And I am running as admin. I can get to the Admin of any other folder or report.

Any idea's as to what I can do about this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
CDavies
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi

It's easily done, trashed my own access a few times.  

Can you log into the server directly using a Builtin\Administrator account and add back in your AD Group/Account back into the folder security?  Alternatively you'll need to delete the folder structure above the one you can't mnage and rebuild the structure downwards.

Highlights the absolute lack of administrative tools available to the on-prem solution.  Shame on MS.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
CDavies
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi

It's easily done, trashed my own access a few times.  

Can you log into the server directly using a Builtin\Administrator account and add back in your AD Group/Account back into the folder security?  Alternatively you'll need to delete the folder structure above the one you can't mnage and rebuild the structure downwards.

Highlights the absolute lack of administrative tools available to the on-prem solution.  Shame on MS.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.