Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

besthyde
Frequent Visitor

Can i install power bi report server and SQL reporting service point on the same server ?

Hello, 

We plan to use PBI report server and i'm currently testing it.

I have a question that i need someone can clarify for me. here is the question

for example :

1. I have one reporting services (2012) running on a server 2012 with many SSRS reports

2. Can i install PBI report server on the same server ? can i have both of them running in the same time?

Really appreciate your help !

QMJ

2 REPLIES 2
dustinn
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @besthyde,

Yes you can install Power BI Report Server together with your SSRS Server but can't have both of them running due to URL reservations (when I need to use Power BI Report Server I need to stop the SSRS Server first and vice versa). Though upon checking another thread (see Petebro response), it is said that it can be done (maybe change one url so they won't overlap).

Yes, just ensure that the catalog database, as well as the reportserver and web portal URL's are unique/difference between the two installations. This can all be done through the config tool. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.