Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

andyw324
Regular Visitor

Can a user sign out of the Power BI Report Server Web Portal?

Hi All,

This may be a very simple and silly question, but how can a user sign out of the Power BI Report Server Web Portal?

The lack of a sign out button is something that I encountered when trying to test out connectivity from differenet envrionments with different Users / Role to test Role Based Access Control. Any help pointing me in the right direction or confirming my fears that one does not exist?

Regards

Andrew 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It isn't in our short term roadmap, but would recommend you add it to Ideas for folks to vote on it so we can monitor interest in the community - https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi?WT.mc_id=Community

Chris

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
chrisfin
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

There isn't a sign out button, however, based on your scenario, could you potentially use private browsing tabs to accomplish the same thing and login with different users that way?

In addition, you right can right-click on the browser icon and select ‘Run As’ and run that process as the user they want to impersonate.  That will be the best way to do it for most scenarios.

Thanks chrisfin for the alternatives and apologies for not responding sooner - I had not received any email notifications of a reply to my post :S. Given the nature of where Power BI Report Server has been deployed I cannot see those being suitable alternatives (locked down systems and tight security requirements). Is a sign out feature something that is on the cards for Power BI Report Server / SSRS?

It isn't in our short term roadmap, but would recommend you add it to Ideas for folks to vote on it so we can monitor interest in the community - https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi?WT.mc_id=Community

Chris

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.