Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cache refresh plans and API

Is there a way to attache a cache refresh plan to a report with the new REST API? I can see how to upload a report, create a refresh plan, delete existing plans on a report but not how to attach a cache refresh plan to a report?

8 REPLIES 8
mgmeyer
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

You use a POST on this API:

http://server/reports/api/v2.0/CacheRefreshPlans

inside the payload you can specify the CatalogItem you want to associate with the schedule.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you give an example? I cannot get this to work at all, not the PUT/DELETE or POST.  The Path seems to want the path of the the plan but it is not clear what this is.

If I try:

Invoke-RESTMethod -Uri "$restroot/CacheRefreshPlans(Path='/replib/cache')" -Method DELETE -UseDefaultCredentials

Where /replib/cache is a .rdl report with a cache defined, I just get a 404 error, for example.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I found the issue - the datasource for the report was misconfigured but the errors dont' mention this. You can't set a cache if the report won't actually run.

The CachRefreshPlans route does not except a Path argument only and ID for the specific schedule. If you know the report that you want to get the schedules for you use this API:

http://server/reports/api/v2.0/reports(Path='/reportName')/CacheRefreshPlans

that should get you all the schedules associated with that report. If your looking for a specific one you can use OData $filter operation in the URL.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I will try this but the documentation says that the CatalogItemPath in the payload is the path to the "item that represents the CacheRefreshPlan" which is somewhat confusing.

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

All available REST APIs are listed on SwaggerHub, including how to create and execute a cache refresh plan, please have a look at below links:

Power BI Report Server REST API

SQL Server 2017 Reporting Services REST API

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I know the docs but it is not clear which call to use to associate a refresh plan with a catalog item like a report or dataset?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Any ideas about this? How does one attach a refresh plan to a report?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Kudoed Authors