Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

August release: Unable to load the data model

I have setup Power BI Report Server (August) -> Which supports multiple data sources.

I created a power BI Report using SQL server Data usin Direct Query.

After saving the report to the power bi report server. I recieved this error accessing the report.

Something went wrong

Unable to load the model
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Request IDc39a4a04-4ddd-1681-65bf-cd81721d7d4b
TimeWed Aug 30 2017 17:17:46 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time)
Version14.0.600.379

How can I resolve this? 

Thanks,

bdiouf

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mgmeyer
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Directy Query support is not avaialble yet, for now you'll have to use just imported models. It is however something that is on our roadmap we are actively working on.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mgmeyer
Power BI Team
Power BI Team

Directy Query support is not avaialble yet, for now you'll have to use just imported models. It is however something that is on our roadmap we are actively working on.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! So so far to only live connection this release supports is still SSAS Tabular?

That's correct, if you have a deployed SSAS environment you can deploy your model there and use Direct Query however with embedded models it's not yet there.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors