Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

MarkGao

Attempted to read or write protected memory, Jan 28 version server

I met this issue after upgrading to Jan 28th version, we use ODBC connecting to redshift database, is it a bug of Jan 28 version? The report refresh works find with May version(on-premise server).

Not every report with this connection meets the issue, it looks like only report with more than two big datasets from this ODBC has the trouble to refresh data, we can only use ODBC to connect to redshift database, as connecting to redshiftDB directly doesn't have the option to customize the import sql query.

Could any one help to take a look at this issue?

2 REPLIES 2
v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MarkGao ,

Would you please try to upgrade your ODBC driver in your server? And you can also simplify your sql query by using select  used column from table instead of select * from table.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

rwmnau
Helper I
Helper I

We haven't updated yet but I'm a bit wary as we use ODBC to connect to a database as well (Jethro) and I don't want to risk anything breaking. Did you find any details about this from elsewhere or is it still an issue?

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Kudoed Authors