Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jimmywong
Regular Visitor

An internal error occurred on the report server. See the error log for more details.

Hi,

I have installed Power BI report server and I get a problem, once when I have changed the password of the data source, there was something wrong afterward in the catalog. I cannot goto the default Data source folder, when I enter the folder "Data Source", following error message prompted.

Error when open Data source folderError when open Data source folder

Then everytime when I open the SSRS report, there is error occurred.

Error when open SSRS reportError when open SSRS report

Here below is what the logfile captured.

------------------------

2018-09-18 10:09:02.8435|INFO|26|Received request GET /api/v2.0/catalogitems%28e8f804e8-bc37-43fe-9e64-f07edf42a4c0%29/Model.Folder/catalogitems/| RequestID = s_66c18c29-646d-467c-9b80-e582b9056e86
2018-09-18 10:09:02.9216|ERROR|26|OData exception occurred: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.InternalCatalogException: An internal error occurred on the report server. See the error log for more details. ---> System.InvalidOperationException: (processing): Adding more than one data source with null original name
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.RSTrace.DefaultRSTraceInternal.Fail(String componentName, String message)
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.RSTrace.Assert(Boolean condition, String message)
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.DataExtensions.DataSourceInfoCollection.Add(DataSourceInfo dataSource)
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.DBInterface.InnerGetDataSources(Guid itemID, Boolean& itemIDisModelID)
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.DBInterface.GetDataSources(Guid itemID)
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.DataSourceCatalogItem.LoadStoredAndDerivedProperties()
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Portal.Repositories.CatalogItemRepository.<>c__DisplayClass8.<GetItemDescriptor>b__7()
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Portal.Services.Extensions.RsServiceExtensions.ExecuteStorageAction(RSService rsService, Action action, ConnectionTransactionType transactionType, IsolationLevel isolationLevel)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Portal.Services.Extensions.RsServiceExtensions.ExecuteStorageAction(RSService rsService, Action action, ConnectionTransactionType transactionType, IsolationLevel isolationLevel)
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Portal.Repositories.CatalogItemRepository.GetItemDescriptor(IPrincipal userPrincipal, RSService rsService, String path)
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Portal.Repositories.CatalogItemRepository.GetCatalogItem(RSService rsService, IPrincipal userPrincipal, String path)
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Portal.Repositories.CatalogItemRepository.<>c__DisplayClass14.<TraverseFolder>b__11(FavoriteableCatalogItemDescriptor i)
at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext()
at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereEnumerableIterator`1.MoveNext()
at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
at Model.FolderRepository.LoadCatalogItems()
at Model.Folder.get_CatalogItems()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Portal.ODataWebApi.Controllers.SegmentHandlers.PropertySegmentHandler.Handle(Object source, ODataPathSegment segment)
at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Portal.ODataWebApi.Controllers.Reflection.ReflectionODataController`1.Get(ODataPath oDataPath)
at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object[] )
at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass10.<GetExecutor>b__9(Object instance, Object[] methodParameters)
at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ExecuteAsync(HttpControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 arguments, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ApiControllerActionInvoker.<InvokeActionAsyncCore>d__0.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.<CallOnActionExecutedAsync>d__5.MoveNext()
at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.<CallOnActionExecutedAsync>d__5.MoveNext()
at System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.<ExecuteActionFilterAsyncCore>d__0.MoveNext()
at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ActionFilterResult.<ExecuteAsync>d__2.MoveNext()
at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ExceptionFilterResult.<ExecuteAsync>d__0.MoveNext().| RequestID = s_66c18c29-646d-467c-9b80-e582b9056e86
2018-09-18 10:09:02.9216|INFO|32|Sending response. Response code PURE-INTL\biadmin 500, Elapsed time 0:00:00.0753839| RequestID = s_66c18c29-646d-467c-9b80-e582b9056e86

------------------------

PURE-INTL\biadmin is the domain and AD account. And I don't know what happened at all, kindly please help.

Regards,

Jimmy

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

1. Go to the Report Server Configuration Manager and change the password to the new of the service account

2. After tge restart, navigate to the properties of the report and go to the datatousrces and change the password. It is Possible that Step 1 solve your Problems ..

Hi,

Thanks for your reply, I have changed the password of the defined data source, not that of the service account.

Regards,

Jimmy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, i mis understood.

But I think you should try the first step. It seems that the service account does not get the proper rights. Step 1 can solve this - hopefully.

Does any messages appear in the Windows Event Log or the outher SSRS Logs (Portal)?

Hi philipplenz,

I only cannot access the default "Data Sources" folder, not all. Is there a tool to check or clean the data inside the catalog? I can connect to the PBIS repository database, only I don't know how to fix it accordingly.

Looks like your database is in a corrupted state. Are you able to delete and re-create the "Data Sources" folder through UI? We highly recommend NOT modifying database contents directly.

Thanks for your reply, rpatkar.

You mean I can remove that folder even if there are data sources inside the folder, so I have to recreate all data sources again in another folder, right?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Before you do this, ensure that you have a backup of the RS databases

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.