Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AlvaradoLarry
Regular Visitor

Accidentally removed elevated rights AD groups from a report

Hello Experts!

I am hoping you can give me some insight or direction.

Here is the situation.

When i was updating security on one of our reports on Power BI on-Prem report server. I removed the Admin account on accident and now we have no way of accessing or edit/removing that report. Is there another way to see all the reports on the server and remove them if the Admin accounts are not tied to the report?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nooo,

please do not delete any report this way, you will delete only head information of report, other (including content data, model, policy, schedules, and so on) will rest in db.

If you want delete report directly in DB, I strongly do not recommend, it is unsupported, but if you still want, please use correct stored procedure, e.g.  DeleteObject (use profiler to check how use parametrs). Additionaly, better than delete report is reset permission on report using SP DeletePolicy. E.g.:

exec DeletePolicy @ItemName=N'/YOUR/PATH/TO/report'

But again, is not recommend to do anything on DB level, it is unsupported way.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
FarhanAhmed
Community Champion
Community Champion

You can remove the report by using the below table in PBI Report Server Database

DELETE FROM [dbo].[Catalog] Where ItemID ='Your Report Item ID'

not sure about the second part though

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!

Nooo,

please do not delete any report this way, you will delete only head information of report, other (including content data, model, policy, schedules, and so on) will rest in db.

If you want delete report directly in DB, I strongly do not recommend, it is unsupported, but if you still want, please use correct stored procedure, e.g.  DeleteObject (use profiler to check how use parametrs). Additionaly, better than delete report is reset permission on report using SP DeletePolicy. E.g.:

exec DeletePolicy @ItemName=N'/YOUR/PATH/TO/report'

But again, is not recommend to do anything on DB level, it is unsupported way.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.