Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

giangnh

refresh table fail

My BI project load data from tables of 1 local Excel files.

(Excel files is refreshed data from other external source data)

When I refresh some data on Excel table, then refresh all table again in Power BI Desktop(click Refresh Ribbon button),

following error occurred:

Failed to save modifications to the Server. Error returned: 'An unexpected error occurred (file 'tmsavepoint.cpp', line 416, function 'TMSavePoint::PrepareForJobs').
'.

In BI Desktop, If I remove table and add again from Excel table, refresh is OK !

Please give me some advice!

11 REPLIES 11
KarineLago
Advocate I
Advocate I

Same problem here... any reason why?

Failed to save modifications to the server. Error returned: 'Erro inesperado (arquivo 'pfshdata.cpp', linha 240, função 'PFData<unsigned short>::AllocData').
'.
From Brazil? Go to IntelExcel YT channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Intelxcel to learn Power BI.
rthdwiastuti

Hi all,

i also have same issues.

i want to refresh my data source from excel local files and txt files (sql query result).

but the warning appears : failed to save modifications to the server. Error returned : 'Table 'LocalDateTable_24d2e0df-15b9-4c9d-b42d-04b84b35c40d' with ShowAsVariationOnly property set to '1' must be target of a variation when variation notation is enabled.'.

pls advice.

Hi @rthdwiastuti and @Anonymous, 

I got the same error (failed to save modifications to the server. Error returned : 'Table 'LocalDateTable_24d2e0df-15b9-4c9d-b42d-04b84b35c40d' with ShowAsVariationOnly property set to '1' must be target of a variation when variation notation is enabled.'.) when doing some changes in the query editor. In my case I was using the function Grouping by of the GUI, I don't know if it was the same query change you were doing.

Anyway, I reckon this error came because I already have some measures created using some fields in the query I changed. I applied exactly the same changes (copy-pasting power query script) in a new report and it worked without issues.

Hope this would help to be closer to understand the reason of this error.

Regards.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, me too.

The error happened after I made some changes to the date columns in Power Query and tried refreshing.

I am having the same problem, did anyone find a sollution?

v-komill
Employee
Employee

I'm having the same issues.  Any idea what is causing it?  There is a lot of rework at stake and I'm not sure how to mitigate it from happening again.

Same problem as well. I tried a few things like clearing the cache and restarting power bi, undo-ing some of the query changes but nothing worked.

What works is to duplicate the query with the problem, deleting the old one and renaming it to the old one.

I was experiencing a similar issue & this worked for me.  Thanks for posting @procyon82 .

djnww
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Can Microsoft please provide a response to this ? There is no option for us to email the error.

asocorro
Skilled Sharer
Skilled Sharer

I am having the same problem.  Did you ever find a solution?  Thanks.

Connect with me in LinkedIn: https://pr.linkedin.com/in/adolfosocorro
Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/AdolfoSocorro

I am having the same problem too.

any solution from MS people??

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors