Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ValeriaBreve
Post Patron
Post Patron

"Include in report refresh" checked automatically after being disabled

Hello,

I have a report where, for a few queries, I have disabled both "Include in report refresh" and "Enable load".

I keep them archived in a separate group for future reference but I do not need the data out of them, just the structure.

Now, every time I go back to the query editor of my report, the tick for "Include in report refresh" is activated.

I am very sure I have disabled the refresh and saved the report - I have now done it several times and every time I open the query editor is the same, the check is activated.

ValeriaBreve_0-1687767052373.png

Do you have an idea what is going on? Is this normal and I have somehow missed it? I have not seen any hint to this behaviour in the official documentaition.

Thanks!

Kind regards

Valeria

5 REPLIES 5
etsane
Regular Visitor

v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ValeriaBreve 

It doesn't matter. When you disable "Enable load", "Include in report refresh" will be greyed out automatically. This means that it won't be refreshed either. You can go to Power BI Desktop and click "Refresh" under "Home" tab to check which tables will be refreshed. You will find that the tables you don't load into the model will not be refreshed. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

@v-jingzhang Hi, this is not the behaviour I have observed. I do have quite a few reports where query load is not enabled, but refresh is, and I use these queries to feed multiple other queries that are then formatted/rewroked the way I need to show in PBI Desktop. The "Include in report refresh" is greyed out but still checked, and the queries do refresh. Thanks 

Kind regards

Valeria

I have been experiencing the same and surprised not just by this behaviour but also the answer above suggesting these queries are not refreshed. They ARE and in my case this is problematic as it is adding huge extra amounts of time. So the question remains, why is it being overridden?

Hi @BBrak, I did not get any other answer on this. It has happened in an erratic manner in my reports... I have not understood yet what might trigger it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors