Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jagostinhoCT
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

migrate from local to one drive for business

Hello,

I started a pbix file linking it to some local files (XLS, CSV) and have created lots of Queries, reports and visuals using them.

I would like now to upload them all into the One Drive for Business so that they can be edited by other people at the office but would not like to loose all work done so far.

The files are to be exactly the same. It would only be the Source that will change.

I already found how to Get Data from within Power BI Web and link to those files. But not for Power BI Desktop.

Is there an easy and safe way to do this?

Thank you for your help.

Joaquim

1 REPLY 1
zrichardson
Advocate I
Advocate I

What I did is I started to create a new report in Power BI Desktop. I connected it to the OneDrive Files that I needed for the report. Then I edited the query, right clicked the table, and clicked advanced editor. I then copied the source from this new report and pasted it as the source for the report that I had already created using local files. This let me change it to a OneDrive file, however, it is not an in-sync file like it should be when it is a OneDrive source because you have to create the report on Power BI Online. I haven't figured out what the source line would be for a datasource created in Power BI Online. If anyone else has a suggestion let me know.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors