Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

CABIRDUK
Helper II
Helper II

error "Facebook: (#803)

Tutorial: Facebook analytics using Power BI Desktop

All is OK until one tries to sign in to Facebook.

Use "me" and then for example select Friends and a blank graph is returned. Use a username or Object ID and the error below appears.

Details: "Facebook: (#803) Cannot query users by their username (ChristopherAlexanderBird)"

Tutorial applies a company page is it not possible to analysis a personal page?

Thank you. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CABIRDUK,

The Facebook connector in Power BI Desktop relies on the Facebook Graph API. The /me node is a special endpoint that translates to the user_id of the person (or the page_id of the Facebook Page) whose access token is currently being used to make the API calls. For more information, please refer to Facebook Graph API.

In your scenario, please use Me instead of the username to retrieve data. For more information, please refer to this similar thread: Facebook - “Cannot query users by their username” solution.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Thank you for prompt reply. I really appreciate you taking the time to do so.

I would point out type "Me" and not "me" the query is case sensitive.  

Have a fabulous day.

Best regards

Christopher

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Pandora Login has nothing to do with the issue.

v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @CABIRDUK,

The Facebook connector in Power BI Desktop relies on the Facebook Graph API. The /me node is a special endpoint that translates to the user_id of the person (or the page_id of the Facebook Page) whose access token is currently being used to make the API calls. For more information, please refer to Facebook Graph API.

In your scenario, please use Me instead of the username to retrieve data. For more information, please refer to this similar thread: Facebook - “Cannot query users by their username” solution.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for prompt reply. I really appreciate you taking the time to do so.

I would point out type "Me" and not "me" the query is case sensitive.  

Have a fabulous day.

Best regards

Christopher

CABIRDUK
Helper II
Helper II

I acknowledge Tutorial: Facebook analytics using Power BI Desktop applies to Facebook company page and not personal pages.

If I use username or object ID I get an error returned.

Details: "Facebook: (#803) Cannot query users by their username

Internet search for a solution for example Stack Over Flow Facebook - “Cannot query users by their username” solution suggests you cannot query usernames.

Is there solution? I suspect not.

Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors