Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

rpatil
Helper I
Helper I

data export from azure blob to power bi json file error

Hi,

I am trying to export data from azure blob to power bi. I am getting error related to json filejson error.PNG

So currently the data flow is like

application insights-> Azure blob storage -> Power BI.

Thank you for help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
rpatil
Helper I
Helper I

Hi all,

Thank you for the replies, i was able to find the solution. I just tried filtering out first few days of export from application inisght to azure storage. Then when i exported data from azure storage to PowerBI, Power query was ableto identify json file properly. I dont know the exact cause why this worked. No changes were made to source system of json files or anything. Maybe this was export problem from application inisghts to azure storage.

Thank you all for the help

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
rpatil
Helper I
Helper I

Hi all,

Thank you for the replies, i was able to find the solution. I just tried filtering out first few days of export from application inisght to azure storage. Then when i exported data from azure storage to PowerBI, Power query was ableto identify json file properly. I dont know the exact cause why this worked. No changes were made to source system of json files or anything. Maybe this was export problem from application inisghts to azure storage.

Thank you all for the help

rpatil
Helper I
Helper I

Thank you for replyig but if i import data directly from application inisghts to power bi it is not showing error. do you think maybe azure storage is causing the problem?

v-yanjiang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rpatil ,

This issue has been discussed many times, refer to the solutions in the below thread.

We found extra characters at the end of JSON input... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yanjiang-msft ,

I saw this but it doesnt have solution, thank you for replying very much

Hi @rpatil ,

You can use the JSON Formatter to verify if the JSON is valid. Some solutions said that the URL in your query responds with HTML not JSON, I think the explaination in the below threads may help you.

DataFormat.Error: We found extra characters at the end of JSON input. Details: Value= Position=0 | P...

"We found extra characters at the end of JSON input" error. | MrExcel Message Board

JSON format error · Issue #7 · stansw/vsts-open-in-powerbi · GitHub

We Found Extra Characters at End of JSON Line - Microsoft Community Hub

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ kalyj

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ImkeF
Super User
Super User

Hi @rpatil ,
this means that the json received isn't valid.
I'd suggest to copy it and analyze it with json checker that you'll find on the interwebs.

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors