Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

spolitis
Employee
Employee

Why can't we get server to show up in the sql server analysis services? currently in portal domain

We can't seem to get our sql server available to read within the sql server analysis services option.  We've recently migrated to the portal domain, worked with the portal folks, installed server analysis services on our server, but still no luck.   How can we use this AWESOME product to showcase our millions of lines of data?

4 REPLIES 4
andre
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@spolitis could you provide a little bit more information regarding what exactly is not working?

spolitis,

In addition to the download link that smoupre has provided, if you were not aware, there is a faq on things you need to do to set the AS connector up. 

https://support.powerbi.com/knowledgebase/articles/471577-configure-a-power-bi-analysis-services-con...

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Thanks for this!  I think we found that there might be a TCP port issue blcoking us from the portal domain

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Did you download and install the Power BI SQL Server Analysis Services Connector?

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45333

Follow on LinkedIn
@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors