Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Carl1985
Helper I
Helper I

Unwanted change of column type from text to number

Good morning,

I hope some of you could help me. I have a problem in my query and I don’t know why it occures.

In the column „Abteilung“ text is written. In Step „Zusammenführte Abfragen5“ everything is fine. It is still text. When I’m expanding the matched table the column „Abteilung“ seems to change. I’m getting an error message that this column cannot be converted in to a number.

I don’t know why this happens. Yesterday everything functioned fine.

Does somebody know why this error occures? I already try to rebuild the query but I get the same message. I tried to change the column format of „Abteilung“ from text to number before merching, I tried to change the format of column „Abteilung“ after merching to text again, but the error still occures. Also if I delete this column the error orrucs. 

If code is needed I can upload it. 

Carl1985_0-1674040742154.png

3 REPLIES 3
Mahesh0016
Super User
Super User

@Carl1985 Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data.

Hello Mahesh0016, thank for your fast answer. I don't know why, but the problem doesn't occure again. 

@Carl1985  Good 👍

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors