Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to connect to postgresql server using query (Expression.Error: The key didn't match any rows)

Hi,

I have a connection to postgresql server through ODBC that works ok. A table has become too large and now every time I need to update it, it takes too much time.

The only idea I came up with was to prior to retrieving of ALL the data from the table, write a query to filter it, so I get only the data I need.

Right now when I write my SQL code on the window shown below (sorry the language) and press accept, it throws Expression.Error: The key didn't match any rows.

imallea_0-1657830142903.png

Any idea of what should I do?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I see now. Copy all the code from the custom step you added, from "let" to "in Source", then open up Advanced Editor. Delete everything and paste in your code there

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
johnt75
Super User
Super User

Create a new blank query and use the below

let
	Source = Odbc.Query("dsn=Reporting Server", "
select * from my_table where my_filter = 1
	")
in
    Source

You can add any steps needed afterwards to change data types etc

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI johnt75,

I didn't fully understand your reply. This is what I did.

imallea_1-1657906556240.png

And got this error

imallea_2-1657906596263.png

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!

remove the ; at the end of your query, it should be fine then

Anonymous
Not applicable

Still got the problem.. 😞

1111.png2222.png

I see now. Copy all the code from the custom step you added, from "let" to "in Source", then open up Advanced Editor. Delete everything and paste in your code there

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, finally I just copied the SQL code (without the ; at the end, that's why it didn't work when I first tried) and it worked.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors