Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

KaviKumaran0001
Regular Visitor

Unable to Refresh Dashboard in Power BI services which uses Sharepoint Excel file as Data Source

Hi,

I have connected multiple Dashboards to Sharepoint Excel Files using Sharepoint Excel Link. However Refreshing the dashboards in Power BI Services Does not work.

No Matter how many times I press Refresh button, It does not refresh. as you can see the Last Refresh Date does not change in below imagesdsdsdsdsdvvcxzsa.png

So everytime I need to open Power BI Desktop to refresh the dashboard, everytime I refresh in Power BI Desktop, I asks me to sign in again even though I am already signed in to Power BI Desktop.

KaviKumaran0001_0-1701921686654.png

So I sign in again and connect to the data source, then refresh and re publish the dashboard again.

I want to avoid this since I am handling Multiple Dashboards and I want to be able to directly Refresh the dashboard in Power Bi Services.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

That's strange, I haven't seen it do that before, but someone here is having a similar problem and switching browsers fixed it? https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Query/Data-Source-Credential-error-upon-using-OAuth-2-0-to... 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
KaviKumaran0001
Regular Visitor

Actually Desktop version ask me to login everytime I open the dashboard and click on refresh, I need to login to my organization account and then refresh it .. how to fix this? I have also shared the screenshot above showing error when I try to configure refresh

KaviKumaran0001
Regular Visitor

I get this error when I click on Sign in this Window after selecting "OAuth2" and "Organizational"

KaviKumaran0001_0-1702727424294.png

christinepayton
Super User
Super User

The refresh button you are using only reloads the page, it does not refresh the dataset. Here's instructions for how to schedule refresh for file and folder datasources in SharePoint: https://youtu.be/ba1Akv63GDQ

The desktop shouldn't ask you to log in every time as long as you are using the same file, assuming you are connecting successfully with the connect button there and saving (e.g. not downloading a fresh copy from the web app). You might try resetting datasource permissions and starting fresh with credenitals though if it's giving you trouble. 

I get this error when I click on Sign in this Window after selecting "OAuth2" and "Organizational"

KaviKumaran0001_0-1702793476665.png

Actually Desktop version ask me to login everytime I open the dashboard and click on refresh, I need to login to my organization account and then refresh it .. how to fix this? I have also shared the screenshot above showing error when I try to configure refresh

That's strange, I haven't seen it do that before, but someone here is having a similar problem and switching browsers fixed it? https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Query/Data-Source-Credential-error-upon-using-OAuth-2-0-to... 

Hi Christine,

I believe the Issue is Fixed after I enable Pop Up for Power Bi website in Mozilla Firefox! But I will check and come back if I face any issue. If I dont come back, it means the Issue if Fixed by Pop Up activation and Logging to Oauth2 - Organizational

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors