Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

tracy2020
Regular Visitor

US date and UK date format

My sharepoint list updated the date as US format mm/dd/yyyy. At power BI sycn sharepoint list items. the date show UK format dd/mm/yyyy. when I do the dashboard, I found out the data date record in Sharepoint is 9/7/2020 (mm/dd/yyyy) display the result show in July 9 2020.

This is date show in SP list. MM/DD/YYYY

tracy2020_0-1607589524185.png

in power BI table list:

tracy2020_1-1607589593664.png

at power dashboard, those record in Jul 2020 by right should be in Sep 2020.  how to resolve the date covertion to US date in powerBI? FYI, currently in power BI, the financedatetime column as text. 

tracy2020_2-1607589638893.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
AlB
Super User
Super User

@tracy2020 

Go to File --> Options and Settings --> Options --> Current File --> Regional Settings

and in the locale for import either choose UK or US.

I think it is UK in your case, if your underlying locale and how you want to see the the dates in the report is US, but I haven't completely understood. So try with both

Please mark the question solved when done and consider giving a thumbs up if posts are helpful.

Contact me privately for support with any larger-scale BI needs, tutoring, etc.

Cheers 

SU18_powerbi_badge

View solution in original post

KNP
Super User
Super User

Hi @tracy2020 ,

I may not be fully understanding your problem correctly, but a common issue I've found with SharePoint and Power BI is when the region of the SharePoint library has not been correctly set. It often defaults to US.

In SharePoint, if you go to  'Settings' --> 'Site Information' --> 'View all site settings' --> 'Regional Settings'

you should be able to check/update if this is the issue.

Have I solved your problem?
Please click Accept as Solution so I don't keep coming back to this post, oh yeah, others may find it useful also ;).
chrome-9xf-Zagzel-B

If you found this post helpful, please give Kudos.
It gives me a sense of instant gratification and, if you give me Kudos enough times, magical unicorns will appear on your screen.
If you find my signature vaguely amusing, please give Kudos.
KIfp67uy-Sr
Proud to be a Super User!PBI-Super-User-Rank-30x30-1x

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Richard_Kampel

Thanks.
But, doesn't work for 'DirectQuery' Mode.

KNP
Super User
Super User

Hi @tracy2020 ,

I may not be fully understanding your problem correctly, but a common issue I've found with SharePoint and Power BI is when the region of the SharePoint library has not been correctly set. It often defaults to US.

In SharePoint, if you go to  'Settings' --> 'Site Information' --> 'View all site settings' --> 'Regional Settings'

you should be able to check/update if this is the issue.

Have I solved your problem?
Please click Accept as Solution so I don't keep coming back to this post, oh yeah, others may find it useful also ;).
chrome-9xf-Zagzel-B

If you found this post helpful, please give Kudos.
It gives me a sense of instant gratification and, if you give me Kudos enough times, magical unicorns will appear on your screen.
If you find my signature vaguely amusing, please give Kudos.
KIfp67uy-Sr
Proud to be a Super User!PBI-Super-User-Rank-30x30-1x
AlB
Super User
Super User

@tracy2020 

Go to File --> Options and Settings --> Options --> Current File --> Regional Settings

and in the locale for import either choose UK or US.

I think it is UK in your case, if your underlying locale and how you want to see the the dates in the report is US, but I haven't completely understood. So try with both

Please mark the question solved when done and consider giving a thumbs up if posts are helpful.

Contact me privately for support with any larger-scale BI needs, tutoring, etc.

Cheers 

SU18_powerbi_badge

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors