Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Start and End Dates for Repeating Tasks

Hello Gurus!  Need some help from folks much smarter than I!

For some of our projects, there are repeating tasks for each level and zone.  The end users are entering the

Task Descriptions

Duration

Start of the first task

# of Levels

# of Zones

Based on this info, we want to create the matrix for the Tasks, Levels and Zones and calculate the start and end dates of each task on each level and zone

In Power BI I have created the Matrix, basically exploded out a unique row for each of the repeating tasks on each level and zone as shown below.

HBAKER_JGD_0-1686088940386.png

What I am struggling with is the start dates for each task.  For 1 level and 1 zone it's fine, Task 1 starts then 2 then 3......but with multiple levels and zones;

Task 1 Level 1 - Zone 1 starts, then

Task 1 Level 1 - Zone 2 and Task 2 Level 1 - Zone 1......

Graphically, a snipit of the results would look like this (Task ID shown for ease of viewing);

HBAKER_JGD_1-1686164951868.png

Any assistance you can proivide would be amazing!!!!

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide sample data (with sensitive information removed) that covers your issue or question completely, in a usable format (not as a screenshot).
https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-...
Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided. Note that in Power BI you should avoid horizontal scrolling.

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors