Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

wholland

Python script step stalls indefinitely

I've been running into an issue on Power BI Desktop (April 2023). A report that has been previously working with a python script step in the middle of the Power Query Editor steps now suddenly stalls and never finishes running (I let it timeout on a refresh - took 2 hours to timeout). 

In the home directly where the intermediary files are stored for running a python script, I was able to stop the refresh keeping the intermediary files and ran the python script itself without any errors. All dataframes in the python script were saved to new CSVs as intended due to the appended end to the python script by Power Query so the user can choose which one they want to load into their table.

wholland_0-1685044833155.png

All datasources inside this Power BI file are python scripts to make calls to REST APIs, and they run without error, but this one intermediary step is breaking the entire report from refreshing data. I'm at a loss for what could be wrong. I would appreciate any help! Thanks.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors