Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Filip_analyst
Regular Visitor

PowerQuery - Table.Profile() not able to calculate

Hello,

I have the following problem with Table.Profile() function. 
Standard output is as follows:

Filip_analyst_0-1661414705072.png

I need to perform Table.Profile() on table that has 130 columns and around 2 milion of rows (I need to know only Count and Null Count basically for each column. The rest of statistics is not required). With that, Table.Profile() is not able to handle (timout error). Unfortunately the action needs to be done on the whole table (business requirement).

Is there any way to calculate this in PowerQuery instead of on a database directly with T-SQL?
Appreciate any tips!

2 REPLIES 2
Filip_analyst
Regular Visitor

Thank you for quick answer.

I did a manual work, but the problem is not solved. In order to perform transformations PowerBI needs to switch from Direct Query to Import Node so all calculations are performed locally. I did several tests but it takes too long, so can not accept it. Finally, we wrote a T-SQL procedure to calculate the KPI's

HotChilli
Super User
Super User

I'm reasonably sure you can write your own version.

Unpivot the columns and Add a Custom Column (if value is "" then 1 else 0)

perform a 'Group By' with 2 aggregations (Count rows and Sum of the custom column)

Let me know how you get on

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors