Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power Query pop up windows are transparent and clear. Can't see anything.

I'm having an issue where none of the pop up windows are displaying correctly. I only see a thin outline of the actual window, but the entire content is clear and transparent so i can't see anything. I can move the window around and click the buttons if I know where it is, but I'd like to be able to actual see it. This problem seems to fix itself temporray if I restart excel multiple times or if I go into the editor and display the prompt through there, but the issue will resurface again later.

I'm running  Excel 2016 for Microsoft Office 365 32 bit, version 1902 on a Windows Server 2016 VM.

Does anyone know a permanent fix for this?

Here's a picture.. the thin green line is the outline of the window.
https://imgur.com/Xkk5Aof 

26 REPLIES 26

Thanks, @paud! Simple fix and it worked for me.

Pfloo04

I'm having the same issue,

Has anyone resolved this?

philipscalico

I am having the same issue. The pop up window has to do with the Permissions for the Data source.

v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Based on my test using  Excel 2016 on my VM, I cannot reproduce your issue here. Please maximize the window of the excel and check agian. 

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi,

Still the same problem here, seems to be only on Power Query over Excel, not over Power Bi.

At the begining, everything is ok and after a while, when I click on gear to edit a previous step (expand fields), the window start to draw borders and nothing more. At this moment, I can't move Excel window, minimize, maximize, change screen (tried with window + maj + ->)... the only way is Task manager and kill Excel. The dialog box is like in modal mode so we are locked.

Power Query and Excel are very nice, this bug is frustrating.

Thank you.

PS : I'm using last 365 version.

Check @paud  answer. It fixed the problem for me

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors