Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gdmeunier
Frequent Visitor

Power Pivot Desktop Actualisation automatique

Bonjour,

Je développe des tableaux de bord avec Excel. Je crée un modèle de données avec Power Query. Ce modèle s'actualise automatiquement à l'ouverture du fichier Excel avec une macro "ActiveWorkbook.RefreshAll". 

Je souhaite maintenant utiliser Power BI Desktop pour produire ces tableaux de bord. Je dispose, pour l'instant, de Power BI gratuit mais qui m'a donné accès à Power BI Service. 

J'importe des fichiers Excel dans le modèle de données Power BI (uniquement connexion) et je souhaite qu'à l'ouverture du fichier .pbix, l'actualisation se fasse automatiquement, comme avec le VBA d'Excel. Bien sûr, je peux actualiser la vue mais je souhaite automatiser le processus. La solution est dans la version de Power BI, dans Power Query, le code M? Je n'ai pas trouvé de solution. Merci pour toute indication. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @gdmeunier ,

Yes, you are right. Currently we can only connect to excel source under Import mode.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gdmeunier ,

Currently when you connect to an excel data source in power bi, if you change the data from the source, you need to click the 'Refresh' button to get the latest data because the connection mode is import which not allowed automatic refresh in power bi desktop. 

Automatic refresh supports most direct query data source, please refer: Automatic page refresh in Power BI 

refresh.png

If you want to refresh the report automatically in power bi service, you can configure scheduled refresh for it. Please refer: 

1. Setting a refresh schedule 
  2. Configure scheduled refresh 

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, v-yingjl,

Thank you very much for your reply.

If I have clearly understood, I can not get automatic refresh with imported data (as with VBA in Excel) in Power BI Desktop. After checking the Microsoft documents, I can not, either, use Direct Query for Excel data.

My only solution, for the time being,  is to click the refresh button after opening the . pbix (imported) file in Power Query Desktop in order to be sure that the model is updated. Am I correct?

Sorry, if it is basic, but Power BI is very attractive and powerful but I need to progress step by step.

With my best regards.

Hi @gdmeunier ,

Yes, you are right. Currently we can only connect to excel source under Import mode.

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors