Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

KBO
MVP

Power BI cognitive services - Error: Endpoint (404)

Hi, I had a little question may be one of you had the same issue. I tried to use the Cognitive Services for PBI Text Analytics. I create a cognitive Service on azure and create a funktion in PBI. But then a error occure - I get the mesage: "Web.Contents failed to get contents from 'https://powerbianalyticstext.cognitiveservices.azure.com/' (404):". So May be one of you had an idea how to handle this issue.

I tried also to finde the "Ocp-Apim-Subscription-Key" - but I failed, If this is the missing link may be someone can help me to finde it :)?

The code for the fuction:

= (text) => let
    apikey      = " Insert your API Key here ",
    endpoint    = " Insert your Endpoint here ",
    jsontext    = Text.FromBinary(Json.FromValue(Text.Start(Text.Trim(text), 5000))),
    jsonbody    = "{ documents: [ { language: ""en"", id: ""0"", text: " & jsontext & " } ] }",
    bytesbody   = Text.ToBinary(jsonbody),
    headers     = [#"Ocp-Apim-Subscription-Key" = apikey],
    bytesresp   = Web.Contents(endpoint, [Headers=headers, Content=bytesbody]),
    jsonresp    = Json.Document(bytesresp),
    sentiment   = jsonresp[documents]{0}[score]
in  sentiment

Best,

Kathrin 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Solved the problem by myself 😄 wasn't so easy but it works. Problem was the wrong Endpoint which MSFT wrote in the endpoint row. The right one can be find under point 2 (Api console).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ShanthiK
Regular Visitor

HI,

I am facing same issue.But unable to understand what needs to be fixed in Endpoint line of power query. Can you please share the correct code you used & worked out? 

Also what is "right one can be find under point 2(Api Console)"??

v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KBO ,

Could you please try to post this request using other tools to verify if the endpoint and  api key are valid? The sent endponint is similar like "https://<your-custom-subdomain>.cognitiveservices.azure.com" & "/text/analytics/v2.1/sentiment" based on this document: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cognitive-services/text-analytics/tutorials/tutorial-power-bi...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Solved the problem by myself 😄 wasn't so easy but it works. Problem was the wrong Endpoint which MSFT wrote in the endpoint row. The right one can be find under point 2 (Api console).

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors