Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

KBO
MVP

Power BI cognitive services - Error: Endpoint (404)

Hi, I had a little question may be one of you had the same issue. I tried to use the Cognitive Services for PBI Text Analytics. I create a cognitive Service on azure and create a funktion in PBI. But then a error occure - I get the mesage: "Web.Contents failed to get contents from 'https://powerbianalyticstext.cognitiveservices.azure.com/' (404):". So May be one of you had an idea how to handle this issue.

I tried also to finde the "Ocp-Apim-Subscription-Key" - but I failed, If this is the missing link may be someone can help me to finde it :)?

The code for the fuction:

= (text) => let
    apikey      = " Insert your API Key here ",
    endpoint    = " Insert your Endpoint here ",
    jsontext    = Text.FromBinary(Json.FromValue(Text.Start(Text.Trim(text), 5000))),
    jsonbody    = "{ documents: [ { language: ""en"", id: ""0"", text: " & jsontext & " } ] }",
    bytesbody   = Text.ToBinary(jsonbody),
    headers     = [#"Ocp-Apim-Subscription-Key" = apikey],
    bytesresp   = Web.Contents(endpoint, [Headers=headers, Content=bytesbody]),
    jsonresp    = Json.Document(bytesresp),
    sentiment   = jsonresp[documents]{0}[score]
in  sentiment

Best,

Kathrin 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Solved the problem by myself 😄 wasn't so easy but it works. Problem was the wrong Endpoint which MSFT wrote in the endpoint row. The right one can be find under point 2 (Api console).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ShanthiK
Regular Visitor

HI,

I am facing same issue.But unable to understand what needs to be fixed in Endpoint line of power query. Can you please share the correct code you used & worked out? 

Also what is "right one can be find under point 2(Api Console)"??

v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KBO ,

Could you please try to post this request using other tools to verify if the endpoint and  api key are valid? The sent endponint is similar like "https://<your-custom-subdomain>.cognitiveservices.azure.com" & "/text/analytics/v2.1/sentiment" based on this document: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cognitive-services/text-analytics/tutorials/tutorial-power-bi...

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Solved the problem by myself 😄 wasn't so easy but it works. Problem was the wrong Endpoint which MSFT wrote in the endpoint row. The right one can be find under point 2 (Api console).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors