Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

obaechtiger
Regular Visitor

Personal gateway credentials issue

Hi,

I am using the Trial version of power BI Pro and have installed the personal gateway in order to connect to an on premises data source.

After installing the gateway, in power BI it is mentionned "Online" under Gateway connection in the dataset configuration.

But when I try to refresh the data, it says "The credentials stored in the cloud are missing".

So I saw a previous post where the solution was to re-enter the credentials in power BI.

But the issue I'm facing is that the link to edit the credentials is missing in Power BI cloud.

Do you know what might be causing this problem?

Thanks in advance for your help,

poweBI.jpg

Omar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
obaechtiger
Regular Visitor

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your input and your support regarding this issue.

It seems that Microsoft has corrected this issue last night: the Edit credentials link is now available again!!

Best regards,

Omar

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
obaechtiger
Regular Visitor

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your input and your support regarding this issue.

It seems that Microsoft has corrected this issue last night: the Edit credentials link is now available again!!

Best regards,

Omar

Yes. I've checked and seen that my Data resource credentials are up again.

Finally MS is not too bad Smiley Very Happy

Not too bad? Ouch! 😉

Glad to hear it's working again for everyone. 

Solved for me too!

SengYungQuek
Frequent Visitor

I am facing the same issue...the schedule refresh suddenly didnt work up and following message is shown.

Data source type: 
Processing error:The credential stored in the cloud is missing.
Cluster URI:WABI-SOUTH-EAST-ASIA-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID:fc49540e-b40d-461c-b22a-8edca6443de4
Request ID:f555e6d2-0e06-1473-c52d-ef9d0d69a8e1
Time:2016-12-14 04:24:37Z
paulwozniak
Helper I
Helper I

I tried a the following:

* Deleting the data sets in Power BI and republishing

* Changing the name of the Power BI desktop file and republishing

But couldn't get it to work. Finally I created a new Power BI desktop file and imported the same data source. After publishing it, when trying to refresh that dataset I was asked for credentials in the Power BI service. At that point, the old data sets started refreshing. HOWEVER, they still don't have the option to change their credentials in the Power BI service. The data source credentials section is still blank!

Very frustrating not to understnad how or why this is happening.

I have been working on a support ticket with microsoft on this one. I was FORCED to migrate to a different gateway and was told that my ticket was being archived since I could connect using the other gateway (not approved by iT).

I was told that they did not know when this would be resolved or even if it would be resolved.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

paulwozniak
Helper I
Helper I

I've updated the credentials in the Power BI Desktop file, and now after publishing I am not able to edit credentials in the cloud. I see the same blank section under data source credentials that you see! What's going on???

This is day #5 and Microsoft has not yet fixed this issue! Seems like with as many people using PBI this issue should have been fixed by now! Very sad.

heros

I had same issue. Hope MS will fix this ASAP. Nightmare!

Please fix!! Why would it just stop working all of a sudeen! So sad.

@obaechtiger I have had this same issue. I noticed it yesterday with a new dataset I uploaded. Just a simple excel file for testing and I was unable to refresh. I updated by personal gateway, stopped the service, started the service and redeployed the PBIX mulitple times. I see the same behavior you describe below.

There is an error warning on the power bi support site, but it only references SharePoint as a data source...

Looks like I'm in a different region as well 

errorJPG.JPG

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

I've been having the same issue since yesterday morning. Very sad 😞

@dsutt519@obaechtiger I've created an issue with link to this thread. Throw your "votes" on it here

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Seth_C_Bauer@obaechtiger@dsutt519

I'm facing the excact same issue. My datasets has been working ok until earlier today ago where I re-published a dataset with som minor changes. When I try to refresh in the Power BI Service, I get the same error "The credentials stored in the cloud is missing". The 'Data Source Credentials' section is complete wiped out, so I am not able to update any of the credentials.

1) The Personal Data Gateway is running fine. 2) I have tried deleting and re-publishing the PBIX file again without any luck.
For information my dataset consist of an SQL-server in AWS  and Onedrive for Business files.

I am in general very pleased with the Power Bi Dektop experience... but I must admid that trying to schedule a stable refresh i Power BI Service is close to a nightmare. I hope Microsoft will be able to improve this part of Power BI.

Best regards,

Torben

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors