Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

PBI Desktop Reports not updating after new query

Hi There!

I have a Power BI Desktop Project sourced from an Access Database, which is monthly updated by the client. 

I created some power queries to clean up the data but I noticed that the dashboards don't update, is it because this doesn't work with Access? I had to redo the tables and plots to get the modified data from these queries.  

Any workarounds to sort this out? Shall I export the Access tables to excel?

TIA

Regards,

Laura

LauraGR_0-1679973239137.png

LauraGR_1-1679973461472.png

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/power-bi-data-sources

3 REPLIES 3
ChielFaber
Super User
Super User

My bad. Looked it up and the function is called Table.StopFolding (source). If that doesn't work I'm hoping someone who works with acces can help you further.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @ChielFaber , thanks for your response. 

I don't get any error messages, the reports don't update with the queries, even though the preview version in the power query editor looks ok. 

I checked the Advanced Editor, there is no reference to enabling folding, as mentioned in other posts.

let

Source = Access.Database(File.Contents("\\file\path\access.accdb"), [CreateNavigationProperties=true]

When I tried to add the Stop.Folding, it would give me this error message,

LauraGR_0-1680048803693.png

I also tried to add [EnableFolding=false] but it didn't work, any other suggestions?

Thanks!!!

Laura

ChielFaber
Super User
Super User

Personally I dont' work with acces but according to the PowerBI documentation it should work. 

Do you get an error message after loading? Does the preview version of the data load in de power query editor?

What might be the problem is a protection against query folding.  You could try to wrap the source step in the following function Stop.Folding(source). This might impact the performance but if the data loads this might help pinpoint where the problem occurs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors