Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cris007
Frequent Visitor

Only show new cells or changes made in cells after update

Hello Community, 

I have a dashboard that looks like below:

Brand20172018201920202021202220232024
ANew Reshaped End   
B New Reshaped  End 
CNew   Reshaped  End
D New   Reshaped  
E    NewReshaped  

Each months,  the dataset is updated and values changed, or values are added or new brands are added in the Brand column. 

The problem: Each months, I need a solution that will show only new cells or cells that have changed in a separate dashboard. 

For exemple, next month, the dashboard will look like below ( The new values or values that have changed compared to the previous dashboard are in red color)

Brand20172018201920202021202220232024
ANew Reshaped End   
B New Reshaped  Reshaped 
CNew   Reshaped  Reshaped
D New   ReshapedEnd 
E    NewReshaped End

The solution should therefore looks like below: 

Brand20232024
BReshaped 
C Reshaped
DEnd 
E End

- Is there a way to build this solution without having to make an extraction each month and compare these two extractions?

- if not, what would be the function to compare 2 datasets or 2 dashboard and only return what has changed/new?

NB: The source file looks like the dashboard, as a pivot table. The excel file has been pivoted in the backend of my Power BI. 

Thanks for the help

2 REPLIES 2
cris007
Frequent Visitor

Thanks @some_bih I actually found a way to do it now : merge two tables, add conditional column based on the values form the two tables and filter the conditional column when values are different. 

some_bih
Super User
Super User

Hi @cris007 one of the alternatives is to create dynamic filter based on range.

Check links for example and details. I hope this help.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/desktop-slicer-filter-date-range 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors