Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

On-premises data gateway installed and configured but still asks for configure

Hey everyone,

I want to set a scheduled data refresh for my reports and I use the on-premise data gateway. I installed and configured it and I scheduled a data refresh for one report successfully. However, when I try to to do the same with another report it asks for an installation and cofiguration again.

Screenshot_3.png

This is for the other report that works just fine:

Screenshot_4.png

It looks like it doesn't "recognize" the data gateway. Why could this be? I'm new with this scheduling thing so any help would be welcomed.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

In your scenario, which data source did you use to create a report? Please check if those data source needs on-premise data gateway or personal gateway. See: What’s supported?.

Also as the On-Premises Gateway does not support OAuth, if the dataset has the data source requires OAuth, this dataset is not supported to use on-premise data gateway. You can take a look at this similar thread: Unable to schedule refresh with sharepoint and database.

If the dataset contains the data source is supported in on-premise data gateway, please make sure all connection information defined in Power BI Desktop match the data source defined in data gateway.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

In your scenario, which data source did you use to create a report? Please check if those data source needs on-premise data gateway or personal gateway. See: What’s supported?.

Also as the On-Premises Gateway does not support OAuth, if the dataset has the data source requires OAuth, this dataset is not supported to use on-premise data gateway. You can take a look at this similar thread: Unable to schedule refresh with sharepoint and database.

If the dataset contains the data source is supported in on-premise data gateway, please make sure all connection information defined in Power BI Desktop match the data source defined in data gateway.

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @v-qiuyu-msft

For the second report I had more databases which were not connected with the on-premise data gateway. When I connected the remaining databases everything worked fine 🙂

Thanks anyway

Hi @Anonymous,

It seems that the issue has been solved, right? If that is a case, would you please mark a helpful reply as an answer so that we can close the thread? Smiley Happy

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors