Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

OLE DB or ODBC error: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040E4E

Hi PBI friends!

I'm receiving this error message "OLE DB or ODBC error: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040E4E" when trying to refresh data that I loaded into my Power BI model from Google Analytics.

jovalle_0-1655245804218.png

Has anyone seen this Open Database Connectivity (ODBC)/Object Linking and Embeding Database (OLE DB) error message before?

Thank you so much in advance for your help! 

Best,

JP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I actually went in and found the error within Power Query, got ride of the error, then reloaded it and it worked!

Thanks for the call out!

Best, 

JP

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Sanjay_GB
Frequent Visitor

Has this error got resolved? I am facing similar error but don't see any sollution. Can anyone reshare the sollution here?

Error.jpg

Hi.... u may try this.. before I apply/load the Power Query, I just remove connection between the data (data connector/relationship) first from the model view. When I apply it working fine, then I just manually create the connection back.

Some of them also said that we can found the error within Power Query after load, need to get rid of the error, then reloaded it.

rohit_singh
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please open power query and navigate to the queries that are showing the error. Check each step within the query to find where the error is, and share the shareshot.

Kind regards,

Rohit

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I actually went in and found the error within Power Query, got ride of the error, then reloaded it and it worked!

Thanks for the call out!

Best, 

JP

Please remove this comment as a solution.  It is not a solution as it gives no indication as to what caused the problem.

I am facing the same issue but there is no issue showing in the power query!

How do I resolve this, though when I click on appy changes it starts loading the row but taking long time and in between this error pops up.

Did you have any luck figuring out what was casuing your error?  I'm having the same issue, Power Query works fine but when I apply I get this error.  The data is coming from a folder containing Excel files which are then combined.  Files are identical in structure and there aren't any corrupt ones or anything like that.

Hi, I don't know if this can help u guys but for mine, it works. I just delete the data connector/relationship first from the model view. When I apply it working fine, then I just manually create the connection back.

Ok sağol

Hi @Anonymous ,

That's great news. Happy to help! Please mark your answer as the solution to help others as well.

Kind regards,

Rohit

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors