Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

VinodSJadhav

Need help in connecting IBM DB2 database

Hi All,

I am trying to connect IBM DB@ database but getting below error. Please anyone can help me to solve this issue.

IBM DB2: ERROR [08001] [IBM] SQL30081N A communication error has been detected. Communication protocol being used: "SSL". Communication API being used: "SOCKETS". Location where the error was detected: "SOCKETS". Communication function detecting the error: "sqlccSSLSocketSetup". Protocol specific error code(s): "420", "*", "*". SQLSTATE=08001

Regards,

Vinod

2 REPLIES 2
VinodSJadhav

Hi v-cgao-msft,

Thanks for your response, I will check and let you know the result.

Regards,

Vinod

v-cgao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @VinodSJadhav ,

The SQL30081N error indicates there is a problem with the network communication between your client and the DB2 server. Error code "420" in the context of SSL usually points to an issue related to SSL communication, which could be caused by several factors such as SSL certificate problems, incorrect SSL configuration, or network issues like firewalls or proxy settings.

1. If you are using an older version of the IBM DB2 drivers, consider updating to the latest version as it might contain fixes for SSL-related issues.
2. Ensure that the SSL configuration on both the client and the DB2 server is correct. This includes the SSL certificate, the key database, and the stash file.
3. Make sure that there are no network issues such as firewalls, proxies, or any other security appliances that could be blocking or inspecting SSL traffic.
4. Confirm that the SSL certificate has not expired and is valid. Also, check that the client trusts the certificate chain leading up to the certificate.

Power Query IBM Db2 database connector - Power Query | Microsoft Learn
Solved: Re: IBM DB2 Connection - Page 2 - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Best Regards,
Gao

Community Support Team

If there is any post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly.
If I misunderstand your needs or you still have problems on it, please feel free to let us know. Thanks a lot!

How to get your questions answered quickly --  How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum -- China Power BI User Group

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors