Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AZ17
Regular Visitor

Need Help - Importing excel files from MS Teams; how to select all sheets within the file

Hi there!

I am trying to connect my excel sheets/file from MS Teams' environment. I can create the connection, load everything, select the file, etc. However, I can only chose one sheet in that file while I would like to select multiple of them. Each sheet has identical number of column with identical names (using template), the number of rows differ but that should not matter. 

The sheets represent months, I have tried to write an advanced editor formula, however, I could not make that work. 

Any clues how to go around this and get all the sheets from a file into one table? I cannot be the first one to face this problem haha. 

Thank you for all suggestions and help, have a great day!

Kind regards,

AZ

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Take the transforms you applied to that sheet and make them into a separate function.  Then in the previous step (where it listed all sheets) add a custom column that applies the function to each sheet's content.  Then combine the results by expanding the added column.

Thank you for your suggestion! I will give it a try, hopefully it will work. 

Have a great week. 

Kr,

AZ

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors