Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rnio
Regular Visitor

Naviguation between sheets in embedded powerBI dashboard

Hi,

I have a dashboard with 8 sheets with names. it works fine with powerBI desktop and with power BI online.

Unfortunatelly, this is not the same behavior with powerBI embedded dashboard (when I publish the dashboard through an iframe). Instead of having the names of the sheets, I only have the number of pages and arrows to naviguate. example "<< page 1 of 9 >>". See screenshot :

2016-09-12_22h57_00.png

My dashboard is not usable without sheets names. Is-it possible to customize the iframe to be able to have the names instead of page number ?

Thanks,

Romain.

6 REPLIES 6
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @rnio,

Based on my test, you can start to change page number by using the following steps.

1. Right click page number in the bottom bar and then select “Inspect”, you will see the code for the page number. There is an example for your reference.
1.PNG

2. Directly change the page number in the code to your sheet name.
2.PNG

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @ankitpatira@v-yuezhe-msft,

Thanks for your answer.

Unfortunately Lydia, I think @ankitpatira is right, this is currently not possible to edit iframe to have sheet names. Your solution works locally but cannot be persistant for other users. The code that you edit is an automated code, generated by the iframe.

Hi @rnio,

Yes, it is just a temporary solution. And you are able to view the changed page number in current publish to web link.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yuezhe-msft,

Not sure to understand. 

I generated the iframe HTML code on powerBI by selecting "publish to the web". the code looks like :

<iframe width="800" height="600" src="https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=XXX" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

Unless modifing the code below, it's not possible to edit the HTML you mentionned before, because this HTML is auto-generated by the Iframe. If you edit the HTML with google chrome inspector, a refresh of the page (or a loading from a different computer) will erase all your local modifcations.

Do I miss something ?

Regards,

Romain NIO.

Hi @rnio,

Agree with you. I mean that it only works in the current page, once you refresh it, the modification will be reset, and it is not possible to edit the HTML involved in iframe.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@rnio If you're referring to Publish to Web feature and link then yes that is the case currently. You can submit that under Ideas or Issue section

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors